The Point of No Return

Yes naman! One year na kaming mag-asawa ni Gold! 🥳 Pero feeling ko talaga, ang tagal na naming mag-asawa. Napaka-kumportable na kasi namin sa mga sarili namin, to the point na kaya na naming i-label kung kaninong utot yung sumingaw with 100% accuracy or magyakapan kahit na matagal na kaming hindi naliligo without pandidiri. Ah, the simple joys of married life!

Madami ka talagang madidiscover sa married life at napatunayan ko 'yan. Wala na kasing curtains at masks; wala nang pumipigil para ilahad mo ang iyong sarili ng buong-buo. Wala na ding dahilan para magpa-pogi at magpa-impress dahil sa puntong ito: wala ka nang dapat pang patunayan. Lahat ng imperfections, lahat ng baho, lahat ng gulo, away at tampuhan, mga 'di pagkakaunawaan at 'di pagkakasundo sa ilang bagay—as in lahat—kailangan mo na lang tanggapin na realidad lahat 'yan ng buhay mag-asawa (though may room for improvement, may mga bagay talagang tatanggapin nyo na lang pareho ng buong-puso! LOL). Welcome to the point of no return! Dito, no return, no exchange, no complaints! BWAHAHAHAHA! 😈

Hindi ko kayo tinatakot sa pag-aasawa. Ako, I enjoy being married. And I truly love my wife! (Nope, hindi ko 'to sinasabi para bilhan nya ako ng graphics card! 😂) And I am seeing the grace of God sa akin through my wife. She does her best to manage our simple home and fulfill her role as God's virtuous woman. Never akong nagutom na kasama ko sya. Also, I'm not the most gentle and patient person there is sa mundo (in fact, I think I am one of the worst pagdating sa pagiging gentle and patient), pero the Lord continually uses my wife to humble me and correct me sa mga errors ko. I love how she is very willing to obey the Lord even sa times na mahirap akong mahalin.

Kung may magtatanong man sa akin kung ano yung best part about being married, I would say na yun yung mga arguments/fights that make us progress sa aming sanctification. The Lord has been good to us. He has been good to me. Nope, wala akong intensyong magkuwento ng isang buong taong adventure naming mag-asawa dito. I wrote the post to remind me of the Lord's goodness sa life ko ngayong nasa mga pangunahing yugto pa lamang kami sa buhay namin bilang mag-asawa. At kung dumating man ang mga araw na napakadami kong excuses upang hindi mahalin ang misis ko the Christian way, may the Lord remind me of this post para i-rebuke ako sa aking grumbling and discontentment.

Wedding Vow (June 14, 2019)

Golda,
Today, we make this love team official. Parang KathNiel or LizQuen, JaDine or AlDub, but better: JeGo.
There are a lot of things that we will be leaving behind, sana pati yung corny jokes ko, but I am happy to move forward to another chapter in life with you. I want you to know: I never regreted loving you, and I don't think that I ever will. You are God's gift to me, the woman I cannot live without, the keeper of my heart, bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh--you are my everything.
By now, you already know who I really am. You've known my dark past, you've seen my flaws, my weaknesses, my frustrations. And there is nothing I could have hidden from you. Pati chismis ng kapitbahay naikwento ko na yata sayo. You're my bestest friend. I know I am not the easiest man to be with, nor the most interesting guy there is. I'm not perfect. But here you are, always patiently building me up when I'm down, supporting me in my endeavors, gently correcting my bad habits, standing up with me in the faith, helping me in ways you can. I love our teamwork. I do not know what I did to deserve you, but I'm deeply grateful to God for giving me you.
Remember when I was still courting you, I told you that I cannot promise you the world or anything grand. The only thing I can promise you is a life with Christ. I wasn't sure back then if you understood what that meant, but you gladly accepted anyway. So, that's a relief. Today, I wish to reinforce that promise.
Pat, I promise to love you with every breath I have. I promise to die for you, to sacrifice for you, to be responsible to you, to be accountable for you, to be forgiving and understanding, to be gentle and patient, to provide for you, to protect you, to support you, to massage you pag walang budget for massage sa labas, and to help you sa mga gawaing bahay whenever possible basta bigyan mo akong Snickers. I promise to be the man the Lord wants me to be to you and that we will honor and submit to His authority, His law kahit pa pride and emotions pa natin ang tamaan.
With God by our side, we shall fear nothing in life. I will stay through everything, Lab. I will never leave you. I love you and I forever will.
Jeremiah Erasquin, June 14, 2019, Our Wedding Day

To my wife, I love you with all my life. May the Lord be honored in our marriage. Happy anniversary, Baket! Open mo na yung cake! ❤️